Child Custody

Child Custody

Doing What Is In The Best Interests Of Your Family

Child custody is among the most highly disputed issues in the field of family law. Parents want to do what is best for their child(ren). Unfortunately, they often disagree on exactly what that means. I am an experienced lawyer who can assist in resolving these disputes so that everyone involved can move on with as little stress as possible. Since 1995, my firm has provided dedicated family law representation to parents in the Metro West and surrounding areas of Massachusetts. Let me help you do what is right for your child.

The Use Of A Guardian Ad Litem

A guardian ad litem is a person whose duty it is to investigate the interests of a child during a court proceeding, typically a divorce. This person will come in as a neutral party and review the family environment. After completing his or her investigation, the guardian ad litem will submit a report to the court concerning the custody and visitation of the minor child. While the use of a guardian ad litem is often necessary in child custody cases, at the Law Office of Ronald M. Stone, I believe that it can also be extremely beneficial. I know how to handle this unique aspect of such cases.

Legal And Physical Child Custody

Custody of a child can come in many forms. When it comes to legal custody, which is the right to make decisions for the child, there is a presumption that the duty will be shared between both parents. Of course, this is not always what is in the best interest of the child, and if this is the case, I will advocate for sole legal custody. There is also the issue of physical custody, which may result in joint physical custody, in which the child physically spends equal time with both parents, or primary physical custody, in which one parent spends all or most of the time with the child, with the noncustodial parent having visitation or parenting time with the child, if applicable and appropriate. My goal is to help you pursue custody arrangements that you truly believe are in the best interest of your child. To speak with an experienced family law attorney about your child custody issues, call 508-881-7305 or send me a message here.