Post Divorce Proceedings

Post Divorce Proceedings

Divorce Judgments Are Not Set In Stone

Child custody and visitation, child support and spousal support arrangements issued by the court are not permanent. When life changes, these arrangements can be adapted as well. You have the right to enlist an experienced lawyer to assist with modifications of any judgments.

At the Law Office of Ronald M. Stone, I bring more than 30 years of family law experience to people in Metro Boston and the surrounding areas of Massachusetts. When you require a post-divorce modification or any other type of judgment modification, you can trust me to work toward an outcome that fits with your plans.

Child Custody And Visitation Modification

Are you considering relocating with your child to another state? Are you worried that your former spouse is abusing, endangering or neglecting your child? Has your work schedule changed and opened up new opportunities for you to spend time with your child? These are the types of life changes that can require modification of child custody or visitation arrangements.

Making a child custody change or a visitation change can be a complex matter. Even if a Guardian ad Litem was not used during the initial proceeding, one will likely be necessary for the modification. Courts want to know why the change will benefit the child. I help them see why.

Child Support And Spousal Support Modification

Changes to child support and spousal support, also known as alimony, are commonly required in situations in which there has been a job loss, a substantial pay increase, remarriage, cohabitation or another similar issue. At my law firm, I will take great care to see that support amounts meet your current needs and your child’s current needs.

If you think the terms of your divorce need revision, my legal team can guide you in making the right choices. To speak with an experienced family law attorney, call my Ashland office at

508-881-7305 or send me a message here.